Technical SEO Analyst
Apex, NC or Remote
Locomotive is an agency that values quality, data accuracy, and impeccable revenue-focused insights above all else in our work product. We love our clients and they love us. We are looking for a bit of a unicorn here. We don’t care where you live, what your background is, whether you have a podcast, or that you post weird pictures of your cats on Instagram. We care that you are passionate about your work and that the two areas below sound like something you would enjoy.
Core attributes We Are Looking For:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong eye for detail and ability to communicate issues and opportunities in a clean and simple way.
- Understands the importance of personas, buyer journeys, and research stages.
- Understand the data and tools that are required to give excellent insights.
- Bottom-line thinking, can defend analysis and recommendations and tie back to revenue.
- Driven to perform and provide value in your work.
- Brutal honesty. We don’t care about being right, we care about getting it right.
- Curiosity and passion. An inner drive to know more, be prepared, and own your charge.
Tasks you will likely work on:
- Do multivariate page rank analysis on a 1M page website.
- Develop Data Studio reports using crawl log, GA, GSC, and other data sources.
- Give product recs by section, template/component type for WordPress, Vue, Angular, or React.
- Work on your own R&D projects and test hypotheses with new approaches, algorithms, or technologies.
- Take 500K rows of search data and translate into key topic and intent categories.
- Set up performance dashboards for an agency with 1,500 physical locations.
- Work with company data science teams to ideate new product features (feature engineering).
- Develop customer journey mapping from client data and research insights.
- Create schema and metadata plans from a database table.
- Pipe client data into BigQuery.
You will probably need some working knowledge in the following areas, but in the end, the technology doesn’t define the solution:
- Python / Pandas
- Understand Google Data Studio
- BigQuery, GCP, and AWS.
- React, Angular, Vue
- Some interest in Information Retrieval
- Crawling, rendering, and indexing
What You’ll Get:
We are a small agency with 12 valuable people. We like it that way. Everyone has a voice at the table and everyone is given the flexibility in their work/life balance as long as they handle their work. There are no sacred cows and no politics to navigate.
- Salary commensurate with experience,
- Health insurance,
- Optional dental & vision insurance,
- 401(k) with company match,
- Telemedicine service for you and your family,
- Flexible vacation, including holidays, and a company-paid annual break between Christmas and New Years,
How to Apply:
If you think that you fit our core attributes and the tasks above seem like something you understand and would enjoy working on, we probably want to talk to you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com