LOCOMOTIVE is expanding its digital marketing agency and we are looking for an exceptional SEO analyst to join our team. LOCOMOTIVE is an agency that values quality, data accuracy, and impeccable revenue-focused insights above all else in our work product. We love our clients and they love us.
We don’t care where you live, what your background is, whether you have a podcast, or that you post weird pictures of your cats on Instagram. We care that you are passionate about your work and that the areas below sound like something you would enjoy.
Skill Areas & Responsibilities:
- You can audit existing content to determine inefficiencies and identify areas of improvement that will lead to an increase in KPIs while not killing the budget.
- You’re confident utilizing content optimization tools and platforms to make tactical and data-driven content recommendations.
- You’re a natural teacher who enjoys providing guidance on structure/layout of content to make sure it’s user-centric and search engine friendly as well.
- You apply SEO best practices including keyword research and on-page content optimizations to drive user engagement and topical relevance.
Research & Auditing:
- You have the ability to conduct detailed competitive analysis, allowing your nerdy side to shine.
- You are well-versed at completing SEO quality checks on websites immediately after they’ve been launched, new content has been added or new pages have been launched.
- You’re a ravenous reader who stays up-to-date on SEO trends, algorithm updates and tools to provide insight internally and for clients.
- Troubleshooting underperforming assets is a challenge you love and providing solutions to the SEO Directors is icing on the cake.
Data & Analytics:
- You can utilize multiple keyword research and web analytic platforms including Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMRush, Sistrix, etc. to analyze data and create comprehensive and meaningful reports.
- You look forward to compiling beautiful reports with Excel, Google Sheets and occasionally PowerPoint to wow clients.
- You love when clients ask you hard questions because you have the ability to present and defend your solutions based on analysis of specific data points and findings.
- You have the ability to monitor and report on metrics such as page ranking, site traffic trends, effectiveness of site optimization, etc.
- You obsess over small details in how you present your data to ensure those details don’t create concern for the quality of your work.
System & Processes:
- You look forward to the challenge of building and maintaining best-practices documents for internal teams to reference.
- You will push yourself to design best-of-breed practices, processes and procedures to assist in content management programs.
Your Experience & Education:
- You have 2 to 4 years of SEO experience. Agency experience is preferred but not required.
- You have experience and foundational knowledge in SEO and Content Marketing.
- Experience working within project management platforms (i.e. Wrike, Teamwork, Basecamp, etc.)
- Skilled with data analytic tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. Being Google Analytics certified is preferred.
- Experienced with SEO related tools such as Screaming Frog, Majestic, Moz, SEMRush, Sistrix, Ahrefs, SearchMetrics, Conductor, etc.
What You’ll Get:
We are a small agency (we were 2019’s “Best Small SEO Agency” at the US Search Awards) with only 14 people. We like it that way. Everyone has a voice at the table and everyone is given the flexibility in their work/life balance as long as they handle their work. There are no sacred cows and no politics to navigate.
Here are some of our standard benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience;
- Health insurance;
- Optional Dental, Vision insurance;
- 401(k) with company match;
- Telemedicine service for you and your family (if you’re local to NC);
- Flexible vacation, including holidays, and a company paid annual break between Christmas and New Years;
- This position is remote friendly