Digital Content Manager
Apex, NC or Remote
Content Development & Execution:
Translate complex (and sometimes boring) topics into engaging ideas. Push the boundaries and bring creative ideas to the table. We know how to make the best content for search engines, but we need your expertise to make it the best in terms of readability, communication of messaging, creativity, and effectiveness.
- Write, edit, and manage high-quality content for websites. This content includes blogs, press releases, on-page content, landing pages, creative assets, etc.
- Write, edit, proofread, and fact-check copy for brand consistency and accuracy.
- Write for your audience – whether that’s a B2B decision-maker or a millennial online shopper.
- Develop concepts, angles, and voice for all content pieces.
Planning & Managing:
You will be charged with leading the content creation workflow from beginning to end with account teams, content writers, designers and developers.
- Build and manage a team of freelance writers with subject-matter-expertise relevant to client. This includes scheduling assignments in a project management platform, keeping track of writers’ workload, addressing any questions from the writers, proofing their work, providing constructive feedback, onboarding new writers, and processing their monthly invoices.
- Support our internal project management team in developing content strategies and plans, including blogs and website content.
- Work with project managers to ensure content is billed correctly.
- Maintain content calendars for all assigned clients.
- Interview new clients to obtain details about their company, brand, procedures, and desired tone.
- Develop persona and user journeys that support and direct content planning.
- Measure the effectiveness of your content by setting, tracking, and reporting on insights and meaningful metrics (KPIs)
- Develop content performance reports for use by both the internal team and external clients.
Your Experience & Education:
- Understands SEO techniques and best practices as related to content writing to ensure content satisfies searcher intent.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail.
- BA in English, Journalism, or a related subject.
- Understand design and the creative process.
- Experience in managing designers and developers to implement creative content.
- Excellent work ethic and communication skills
- Familiar with (or be willing to learn) Google Drive, Teamwork, and Google Keyword Planner.
- Past projects that include using data to tell stories online.
- Results-oriented and able to take ownership of tasks, yet able to ask for direction.
- Collaborative, constructive, inclusive.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for writing with a high level of attention to detail.
- Team Player with a positive attitude able to maintain a professional, friendly, courteous, and collaborative environment.
What You’ll Get:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare and generous PTO.
- A team environment with no egos.
- Work with a variety of clients spanning numerous industry sectors, ranging from Fortune 500 to local businesses.
- Your ideas will be heard and evaluated.
- You’ll be able to make a major impact with our clients.
- Because we’re a small team, you’ll have a big impact in shaping the company culture.
- Regular Lunch & Learn sessions to help you grow.
- We try to get everyone out to a conference at least once a year.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com